The X299 UD4 is a motherboard designed for use with Intel Core X-series processors that use the LGA 2066 socket. The motherboard features the Intel X299 chipset and supports DDR4 memory up to 128GB with speeds up to 4400 MHz (OC).
Some of the key features of the X299 UD4 motherboard include:
- Quad Channel DDR4 Memory: This supports faster memory modules and ensures system stability.
- Dual Intel GbE LAN: This provides high-speed network connectivity for faster internet speeds and file transfers.
- Multi-Graphics Support: This provides multiple graphics card options for those who need them, supporting both NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX technologies.
- M.2 and U.2 Support: This provides support for high-speed NVMe SSDs, allowing for faster boot and load times.
- Onboard Power, Reset, and Clear CMOS buttons: These provide convenient access to important system functions.
The X299 UD4 also includes a number of advanced features, such as Smart Fan 5 technology for enhanced cooling and noise reduction, RGB Fusion for customizable RGB lighting, and an advanced 13-phase power VRM design for improved power delivery.
Compared to the X299 AORUS Gaming 3, which is another X299-based motherboard from Gigabyte, the X299 UD4 offers a few additional features, such as dual Intel GbE LAN and U.2 support. However, it may not have some of the higher-end features found on other X299 motherboards, such as Thunderbolt 3 or Wi-Fi.
Overall, the X299 UD4 is a high-end motherboard that is suitable for advanced applications, including gaming, multimedia, and productivity. It offers a range of features that enhance performance, connectivity, and functionality, and its ATX form factor makes it a good choice for larger builds with plenty of room for expansion.